9 January 2013

Happy New Year!

So here we are.....another year has passed and now we can look ahead at all the exciting things that we can be involved in here at the ACDT!

But before we look ahead, I just want to tell you about a small fundraising appeal I ran in December......as many of you know I am from the Isle of Wight and a lot of the support, sponsorship and support for our fundraising events comes from islanders. So I felt that it was important to give something back to the island as a thank you for the continued support I receive for our work in Uganda.

I set a challenge to raise £1500 for a Cuddle Cot for the local hospital on the Isle of Wight. A Cuddle Cot is a cooling system that enables the family of a baby that has passed away the choice to spend longer with the baby to help with the grieving process. Having become a mum it was a piece of equipment that really touched me.

Now I know that this equipment is a far extreme from the reality of Uganda......but I do think it is important to show gratitude to people that have helped you. I know for sure that I would not have been able to do any of what I have done with out the support I have received both locally and internationally.

Thanks to the support of friends, family and people on the island, the money was raised and the cot presented to St Marys in 4 weeks, which I was thrilled about. It was a great way to end the year! Now onwards and upwards to a busy 2013 for the ACDT!

Me kneeling down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.